Discovering Portugal – My husband and I first discovered the wonderful Portuguese approach to food and life in 2004 on Madeira. After many Madeirian holidays, we decided in 2013 it was about time we discovered mainland Portugal.
Our base – Our Portuguese sojourns tend to be in the winter, and so our base is in the south – Olhão in the Algarve. Olhão is a great location from which to explore the rest of the Algarve and southern Alentejo, and going further afield is not difficult as there is a railway station in the town and the airport is a 20minute drive away. So far we’ve explored Aveiro, Lisboa and Porto.
Our interests – We love hiking and are also keen birders so you’ll notice many of my posts are focused on Portugal’s natural beauty. We also love Portuguese food, and enjoy discovering its art, architecture and history so my posts as you can see via the ‘menu’ on the right cover a little bit of everything. Go on explore!
Finding Out More – For more information on places to stay, public transport and great blogs visit my useful links page. If you have any questions or just want to say hello simply fill out the form below, and if you are wondering how to pronounce Olhão check out this!
- I maintain this blog because I love sharing our Portuguese adventures with my fellow travellers, bloggers and visitors to Portugal. I also have to do something with all the photographs I take! As much as I love writing and photography though I do not write original articles or share my photographs for money making websites for free. So please do not contact me for original writing or use my photographs unless you are prepared to pay for my research, time and creativity. Many thanks.
- This website and its content is copyright of Becky in Portugal- © Becky B. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- you may link to other blogs
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit or frame the content or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- When a visitor leaves a comment on this site, WordPress and Akismet collect that comment, and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, such as the visitor’s name and email address. For more information on how they use this data visit here. I have no control over this.
PS I also keep another blog for photo challenges and random things, it is called The Life of B.