This is a personal travel blog, where I share our memories and photographs of our Portuguese adventures. Originally aimed at my fellow travellers and bloggers, I now also hope that visitors in or planning a trip to Portugal find my articles inspiring.
Discovering Portugal – My husband and I first discovered the wonderful Portuguese approach to food and life in 2004 on Madeira. After many Madeirian holidays, we decided in 2013 it was about time we discovered mainland Portugal and our journey began in Olhão in the Algarve.
Olhão is a great location from which to explore the rest of the Algarve and southern Alentejo, and going further afield is not difficult as there is a railway station in the town and the airport is a 20minute drive away. So far we’ve explored Aveiro, Lisboa and Porto. By the way if you are wondering how to pronounce Olhão check out this!
We love hiking and are also keen birders so you’ll notice many of my posts are focused on Portugal’s natural beauty. We also though love Portuguese food, and enjoy discovering its art, architecture, history and amazing festivals so you’ll find posts on all of this too!
Finding Out More – For more information on places to stay in Portugal, public transport and other great blogs visit my useful links page. If you love my photography then you may also like my personal blog The Life of B. If you have any questions or just want to say hello I’d be delighted to hear from you via the form below. Before you contact me please read this;
- This website and its content is copyright of Becky in Portugal © Becky B. All rights reserved.
- The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. I recommend checking out the terms and conditions.
- As much as I enjoy writing and photography, I do not and will not write original articles for commercial organisations or money making websites unless my work is reimbursed. Likewise with regards to using my photographs on such sites.
- Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the blog/website contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may share the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- you may link to other blogs but you may not, except with my express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit or frame the content or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.