We see regularly Phoenicopterus now in the Algarve, but each and every time I see them it feels special. It might explain why this is seventh dedicated post on them! To celebrate it here are seven we spotted the other day in the fish pond.
These are not the greatest shots I have taken of this bird, but I simply couldn’t resist capturing their bath time.
If you love them as much as I do then do explore my list below as you’ll find some fantastic shots in some of the other posts.
- Amazingly they can preen in flight – fabulous shots of them flying
- Stamping – a closer look at a unique feeding technique
- Phoenicopterus – a story of squabbling youngsters
- Too much grey – identifying their origins from their rings
- A year ago – early days of photographing them
- Chief difficulty for Alice – was finding them in 2014/5
And if you are a fan of something why not join Jez with his weekly ‘Fan Of‘ challenge.